Site Overlay

AGENCJA INNOWACJI oraz Partnerzy to zespół fachowców pomagających w pozyskaniu bezzwrotnych dotacji z UE. Analitycy i specjaliści od zarządzania wprowadzą Twoją Firmę na wyższy poziom.

Podnosimy wartość firm poprzez kompleksowe i profesjonalne wsparcie procesów handlowych. Szczególną uwagę przykładamy do wysokiej jakości świadczonych usług.

Jutro Twojej firmy zaczyna się dziś!

For many homeowners, a property may not seem complete until an extension or veranda has been built to the side or extends to the front or back. In these cases, it may require the construction of public drains or sewers to create the desired effect of your new interior. However, it won`t be easy to continue your work, as you may need a build-over agreement before you`ll be allowed to run your project. You may be able to obtain build-over consent with self-certification, or you may need to request a formal build-over agreement. It depends on the specifics of your property and your plans. However, this means that since then, many more homeowners will need prior approval from their local water authority in the form of a construction agreement if construction work with new foundations, sub-foundations, piles or basements are to take place within 3 meters or above the route of an existing sewer or public drain. CBA applications are usually processed within three weeks. Once the agreement is issued, you can start working immediately. Delays are usually due to the fact that applications are submitted with missing drawings or information. A construction agreement gives the water utility peace of mind that the work to be done will not negatively affect the sewer below, and it also ensures that the water company continues to have sufficient access to the sewer so that it can be repaired and maintained.

If you plan to build near or above a public sewer, you should contact the water company before carrying out the work to determine their needs. To find out whether or not you are eligible for a self-certified agreement, complete the questionnaire on the Thames Water Build Over website (link above). or ask us! Once you have received approval from the water company, the building inspectorate will conduct regular site inspections during construction, keeping an eye on drainage precautions. A construction agreement is a legal document put in place to protect the public sewer or main drain on which you want to carry out work or nearby. This gives your local water authorities the peace of mind that they will be able to access the hose if they need to clean or repair it. With this agreement, these facts are also clearly communicated to buyers if you ever plan to move and sell your property, so that future owners don`t get caught if engineers from your water company suddenly come out. A superstructure agreement may be needed if you plan to build something new – whether it`s a house, extension or garage – and there`s a public channel where you want to position your new building. There are a few things that need to be determined before applying for permission to build an underground drain managed by a local water authority: As part of your application for a construction agreement, your water authority will review the public sewer to determine its condition before work begins, and they will do the same after completion. also. Whether this is done by video surveillance or by entering the sewer probably depends on its diameter. Thames Water, for example, uses a camera for pipes between 160 mm and 375 mm in diameter, but can perform its checks by entering the sewer if its diameter is greater than 375 mm.

Changing the design of the extension to avoid the sewer is an option to ensure that the new building is at least 3 m from it. This is usually the simplest and cheapest option, but it`s only really doable with extensions where your original design didn`t reach too far into the 3m area, so a small overhaul can solve the problem. However, such changes may also need to be notified to the local planning authority. A Thames Water construction agreement is a seal of approval for the proposed work and will generally be required for any excavation work within 3 metres of a sewer or public drain. We saw a case where the owner assumed that the contractor had taken care of the construction of Thames Water through the agreement, while the contractor assumed that the owner had done so. This confusion resulted in a 4-week work delay while the relevant site surveys were completed, plans were prepared, and the Thames Water engineer visited the site. A construction agreement (BOA) may be required if you are building an extension of your home. This is a legal agreement between you and your water company that ensures that your work will not only negatively affect a public sewer located under or near the boundary of your building and that they will always have a way to access the sewer if repair and maintenance work is required. The other option is for the seller to give the buyer liability insurance to protect against financial losses incurred by building the property over a public sewer. This is the fastest and cheapest option, but whether or not insurance is available depends on the circumstances of each case. Each local water company will have its own website, and each should have a section dedicated to applying for permission to build an extension over public sewers. You can also submit this request by mail.

You need to make sure this is done, otherwise you won`t be able to get the required building code completion certificate. This will conclude your construction work as completed and make it easier for you if you ever plan to sell your property. You will also need to obtain permission and approval from your local authority before starting work on a veranda or extension over a public sewer, as it can be difficult to make changes and cause delays. A construction agreement is a document in which the owner assures the local water authority that the work to be done will not negatively affect the public sewer below or nearby. It also sets the local water authority`s access rights to the sewer so that it can continue to be repaired and maintained by them. If you plan to build near or above an adopted sewer, you should contact the local water authority before starting the work to find out their requirements. And without the necessary approval documents from the water company, the building inspection will not sign the important certificate of completion you need when it comes to selling or reprogramming the house. With nearly 450,000km of sewer lines in the UK running under roads and gardens, as well as under fields and other land, there`s a chance there`s a public sewer near your site. Building on top of or near a sewer pipe could mean damaging the pipe itself or the property itself, while it`s also important for the water company to be able to access and maintain its sewers over time. (i) approve the condition of the sewerage system; and (ii) provide a comfort letter confirming that the sewer is in good condition and that they will not take steps to demolish the building above the accepted sewer. Different water utilities also have slightly different processes for applying for a construction contract. We regularly work with Thames Water, Southern Water and Anglian Water and are used to providing applications on behalf of our customers.

A Thames Water construction agreement is required for all excavation work within 3 metres of a sewer or public drain. Given the density of construction in London and other cities, this likely means that any work you wish to do on your property, including excavations, will likely require Thames Water`s review and approval. Greg is a drainage expert and has been in business for over 30 years. He is the owner of Coastal Drains Ltd and a very, very friendly guy. View all Greg Child Thames Water Build-Over articles agreements require various information to be submitted to a Thames Water engineer prior to construction. Whether or not you need an application depends on how close your property line (and public sewer) you want to build. This may vary depending on the area you live in, but the general guideline is usually that you will need a permit if your planned work is within 3 m of the nearest public sewer. For this reason, there are Thames Water construction agreements, which are typically required for the proposed structure to receive a Building By-law Completion Certificate, also known as the “signature” of the building codes. When buying a property, you will be offered a drainage and water search that includes a plan indicating the location of the sewers adopted in relation to the property. If adopted sewers are identified within the boundaries of the property, your developer should make appropriate requests to the seller`s lawyer to learn that it has been overbuilt. They should also provide you with a copy of the report, including the plan showing the location of the adopted sewers.

First, try browsing your property on .